If this year’s holiday is looming, and you are looking to cut some corners to bring the budget down a little, there are ways you can save money that won’t bring down the holiday experience. We all have a budget to stick to, but with some careful planning and wise choices, it is possible to keep costs manageable. Here are a few tips to keep spending to a minimum.
- Renting a Vehicle– Most people wish to have a car at their disposal while on holiday as it gives you total freedom. Car hire rates vary greatly, and if you happen to be in Western Australia, you can obtain cheap car rental in Perth from Ace Rent A Car, who can arrange for the vehicle to be waiting at the airport.
- Prepare your Own Food– This is a great way to keep costs down, and with airtight plastic containers, your sandwiches will always be fresh. You would be surprised at how much eating out can cost, even in cheaper establishments, and with a little help from the family, self-catering can make all the difference to a tight budget.
- Plan your Route– It is easy to get lost in an unfamiliar region, and this can cost both time and money, neither of which you want to waste, so plan your trip carefully, and don’t forget to include a few stopovers.
- Campingis not only great fun, it also knocks off a huge chunk of your accommodation bill, so if you are feeling a bit adventurous, consider taking the family on a camping holiday.
- Brush Up on your Bartering Skills– All tourist regions will have many local vendors selling anything from souvenirs to cold drinks, and it is usual to try to ask for a higher price than normal. If you know how to bargain, you can save a significant amount, especially on more expensive items. In some countries, tourists will pay double the local price, and don’t be afraid to walk away when haggling, as you can always come back later if you have set your heart on something.
- Stock Up on Essentials– Toothpaste, soap, and shampoo should all be purchased before you leave home, and don’t forget an ample supply of sunscreen. If you buy this kind of product at a resort, you will pay top prices, so plan ahead and save some money on essentials.
- Large Groupscan make a further saving by renting a minivan rather than two cars, and with the right rental company, you can definitely get a bargain. You might want to take your holiday with another family, and by travelling together, you will keep to budget.
- Create a Daily Budgetfor each member of your party, and make sure everyone sticks to that. We can all do without those ice creams and amusement rides, and by having a daily amount to spend, you can control things.
A family holiday is a time for rest and relaxation, and if you keep your eye on the outgoings, it doesn’t have to break the bank.