Keto diet is also known as low carb diet. It allows your body to produce ketones in the liver which is used as energy. This diet is also known as ketogenic or low-carb diet. It is usually taken with high fat and protein to maximize its result.
When you eat a low carb diet, your body produces insulin and glucose. Glucose is then used by your body as the main source of energy. With this, the fat in your body is stored. By lowering the intake of carbs, your body begins to undergo to the process of Ketosis.
Advantages of Low Carb Diet
Participating on a low carb diet presents a number of benefits. In this article, we shall be discussing the major benefits of low carb diet and some of the snacks you can munch on during your travel. Here are some of the advantages of low carb diet.
- Weight Loss – Most ketogenics lose weight by cutting calories and carbohydrate intake. Since there is little carbohydrates in your body, the stored fat are converted to energy. Thus, this allows your body to burn weight.
- Cancer Prevention – There are recent studies where researchers found out that low carb diet can help prevent cancer. If you are consuming processed and pro-inflammatory diet can aid generation of cancer cells. Thus, low-carb diet can help “starve” the cancer cells.
- Eliminate risk of heart diseases – Intake of unhealthy food with a lot of sugary and carb-loaded foods can increase your chances of acquiring heart diseases. With this, by maintaining your carb intake will help you lower the risk factors of heart diseases and obesity.
- Reduction of Risk for Diabetes Type 2 – There are also studies that suggest improvement of dyslipidemia of diabetes. Moreover, low-carb diet shows benefits in improving blood pressure, insulin secretion and postprandial glycemia.
Low Carb Diet Snacks
Here are some low carb snacks for travel you can try on your next journey.
- Beef Jerky
If you are increasing your protein intake but maintaining the carbs, you can enjoy snacks made from meat. Beef jerky gives you that boost when you need to. It is also easy to bring along as it comes in a sealed plastic.
- Parmesan Tomato Chips
Here is another salty treat for cheese lovers out there. You can substitute potatoes which are filled with carbs with tomatoes. They are a great alternative as it also has a sour and tangy flavor. You just need to drizzle it with a little bit of olive oil and add a sprinkle of parmesan cheese and Italian seasoning.
- Cauliflower Tots
Are you a fan of Tater tots but not its carb content? Here is a great recipe to fill your cravings with this snack. Just replace the shredded potatoes with pulsed cauliflower and you are good to go. You can enjoy this baked or fried.
- Kale Chips
This is another recipe fit for chip lovers out there. You can bake Kale drizzled with oil on a hot oven and dehydrate if for a couple of minutes. Kale provides a ton of health benefits. It is packed with vitamins and nutrients that your body needs. Thus, this is great snack while travelling.
- Peanut butter with coconut balls
Peanut is a great source of fat. It is also low in carbohydrates. Thus, this food is great for Keto Practitioners. These snack balls are easy to prepare, just mix peanut butter, seeds such as chia and sunflower and form it in balls. You can also include protein powders in the mix to make it packed with flavor and nutritional value. You can check out ketoaholics.com/biotrust-protein-powder-review/ for more details on protein powder. Then, you can finish it off by coating the balls with coconut shreds.
- Zucchini Pizza
Zucchini is a great alternative to different ingredients with high carb content. It can replace pasta noodles and bread. With this, we recommend you to try making a pizza using thinly sliced zucchini. Spread a little marinara sauce and top it with your usual pizza toppings.
These recipes are easy to prepare. They are also portable and thus, these are great snacks for travelling. Moreover, their carb content remains low. This provides you a number of benefits for your health. We recommend you to try these snacks whenever you travel. They will fill you up and energize you on the day ahead.